As their Assurance Business Assistant your responsibility will be to help EA’s during the full life cycle of an Assurance Engagement – from Opportunity, to Budgeting, to Planning & to Billing. Ensuring that all variables in this life cycle are delivered on time and at the same time meeting the set of KPI’s. This with the main focus on the economic life cycle. You will be working closely together with the responsible Engagement Partners & Managers and a team of Assistants as well Onshore as Nearshore. You will be reporting to the operational lead.
The full life cycle of the engagement is managed in a customized SAP environment for which the necessary training will be provided.
- You will assist Partners in the maintenance of their client portfolio;
- During the life cycle of the engagement you will directly assist the Partner in the follow-up of that engagement, correcting the engagement economics if needed and estimate the completion of the engagement;
- You will work closely with the other Assurance Business Assistants and report to / cooperate directly with the Business controller and the operational lead of the team;
- Furthermore you will work closely together with the BS Executive Assistants team and an offshore team.
- You will be asked to do financial analysis on client engagements with regards to margins, hours to be completed, payments to receive, etc;
- Pro-actively screen outstanding invoices, margins, kpi’s and other financial elements occurring in the lifecycle of an engagement
- First line of contact for questions or queries with regards to this SAP solution
- You have an economical Bachelor degree with a strong interest in project management / change management;
- We are open to fresh graduates or future colleagues with a first experience (maximum 2 years) in project management, finance or having worked in a similar environment;
- You have the ability to understand complex financial matters, also in relation to resource/work force management;
- You have good people skills since you will be working closely together with Partners and Executives;
- You should be an excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks;
- You also need to be a team player and have a problem-solving attitude;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Next to that, you are fluent in French and Dutch;
- You have solid organizational skills including attention to detail;
- You have an advanced knowledge of Excel (v-look up, pivot tables, comparing files, the use of formulas are all known to you). Next to that you have a good knowledge of word;
- Some knowledge of SAP may be helpful
- You are a fast learner and are eager to grow in your job
- You are able to look at follow-up of financial matters with a critical mindset
- Research of financial information on Belgian websites such as NBB, KBO, Ondernemingsloket are common knowledge
Our client is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services they deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over.
- We offer extensive trainings, both on technical matters, as well on soft skills and project management;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: smart phone, health insurance, pension plan, etc).;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. We also have a procedure for working at home versus working in the office as we are committed to help you achieve a work-life balance;
- Our client is passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.