Payroll Officer (m/v)
As a Payroll Officer you will be responsible for all compensation & benefits related matters. You will work in close collaboration with our external payroll provider and the HR officers for staff and lawyers. The Payroll Officer reports to the Head of Human Resources. The successful candidate will join our Brussels office and will occasionally be asked to work from the Antwerp office.
The key tasks are the following:
• You will be responsible for the monthly payment of the fees and salaries;
• You will be the HR contact person for queries about insurances for lawyers and staff;
• You will follow-up on the collaboration with our external payroll provider;
• You will be the HR contact person for questions about social legislation (leave of absence, maternity leave,…), subscription public transport, lease cars;
• You will ensure that compensation practices are compliant with the current legislation;
• You will be responsible for ensuring our total compensation and benefits package is competitive and reflective of the market and providing change proposals when needed (with input from Recruitment);
• You will be involved in the yearly HR budget process, preparing estimates and flagging potential areas of change;
• You will liaise directly with the Head of Finance on individual cases and individual matters;
• You will participate in Comp & Ben related HR projects, such as the fee and salary study.
• You have a Master’s degree with relevant experience;
• You have a first experience, preferably gained in a professional services industry;
• You have an excellent command of French, Dutch and English;
• You have a strong client focus and show discretion in dealing with sensitive information;
• You have excellent personal time management skills and are able to meet deadlines;
• You have solid IT skills, strong Excel skills in particular;
• You enjoy working and contributing to a team but you are also capable of working autonomously in a highly professional environment;
• You are flexible, accurate and proactive.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.
Working in a team, you will have a challenging professional support role and room for personal development. We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your qualifications and experience.