International Senior Customer Experience Coordinator (m/f)
The International, Senior Customer Experience Coordinator is responsible for ensuring our offers best in class customer service to both our internal business partners and external customers. The Senior Coordinator facilitates order processing into the order management system and ensures shipments adhere to customs regulations and company standards; serves as liaison between the customers and our distribution team; provides essential information to customers including backorder status, pricing, product information and intake customer complaints.
We are seeking someone with a passion for taking care of our customers, who loves problem solving, thrives in a cross-functional working environment and has strong desire to work with multiple stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Training, Finance, Operations, Quality, etc.)
Key areas of responsibility
- Create Proforma invoices and gain approval from customers to proceed.
- Accurately process sales orders
- Determine appropriate shipping methods and prepare the required shipping documentation in accordance with EU and Non-EU accepted methods
- Demonstrate proficiency and maintain knowledge of shipping terminology to correctly instruct the forwarder of the proper INCOterms of any given shipment
- Serve as a key point of contact to the distribution team in resolving distribution and logistics issues with customer
- Interacts with customers and company sales representatives via telephone, email, text, chat or through other social media platforms, to handle a variety of pre-sales or post-sales service functions
- For import purposes, provide required trade information such as Medical Device Listing numbers, 510K numbers, registration numbers, manufacturer name/address, HTS codes, product codes, country of origin and descriptions to facilitate customs clearance
- Mail invoices and shipping documents to EU and Non-EU customers daily
- Work closely with Trade Compliance, collaborating to adhere to country specific compliance changes and requirements
- Analyze Letters of Credit for compliance as dictated under the Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP 500) and our letter of credit requirements
- Assists in the direction for a more strategically oriented customer service experience including streamlining points of interaction between the customer and the company and simplifying processes
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Participate in ongoing product training and other departmental training as deemed appropriate by the management team
- Assure compliance with terms of sales agreements and warranty prior to processing orders
Preferred qualifications include
- At least two years of experience dealing with international customers and export regulations.
- Strong understanding of export rules and regulations including ISO 13485, Medical Device Directive (MDD), embargoes, tariff number classifications and changes in Custom’s regulations and laws as determined by the Department of Commerce. Monitor and advise business of non-compliances against regulations
- Ability to balance and prioritize competing demands and create practical solutions to business problems
- Highly accountable, forward thinking, and able to understand the bigger picture, create value add work streams, and drive process improvement to completion
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Prior knowledge of customer service and distribution functions
- Associates degree and a minimum of two years’ export experience or an advanced degree without experience
- Multilingual – English, French & Dutch is a must.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, spreadsheets and other correspondence. Strong ability to professionally communicate with customers and peers in a detailed and customer satisfaction-oriented manner.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to Problem Solve
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Customer Service Centric