Internal Business Development Officer (Freelance or Fixed Contract)
The Business Development Officer reports to the Head of Business Development. The Business Development Officer sits within the Business Development Team and works closely with lawyers of one or more practice groups. The successful candidate will operate from our Brussels or Antwerp offices.
The role encompasses 2 key areas of responsibility:
1. Business Development
- Experience in drafting pitches for new business opportunities (proposals, presentations, pricing) is a must.
- You acquire knowledge of the firm’s client portfolio in order to be able to identify new opportunities.
- You help lawyers develop and monitor client relationships and are involved in client-relationship meetings.
- You become your lawyers’ trusted advisor and are able to challenge them on client-related initiatives.
- You are responsible for knowledge management regarding prospects and clients (data collection and reporting).
2. Marketing activities
- You support the organisation of events and seminars, with the help of other departments and external providers.
- You participate in internal and external communication projects (both national and international).
- You support the update of marketing materials such as brochures, newsletters and flyers.
- You have a Masters degree in marketing, law, management or another relevant matter.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a similar role (preferably in a professional services organisation).
- You have experience in the Banking and/or Public sector.
- You have excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, and very good knowledge of Dutch and/or French.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are proactive and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You have a strong client focus.
- You have a results-driven approach.
- You are able to work autonomously in a highly professional and demanding environment.
- You are accurate, have strong analytical skills and work daily with an MS Office package.
- 6 months contract
- You will work in a dynamic and challenging environment with a very international dimension. We greatly value our unique culture, which combines high-quality client service with a real focus on people and teamwork. Positive attitude matters to us, and we strongly believe it defines the way in which we work, both with clients and colleagues. Working within a multi-national team, you will have an exciting professional support role and room for personal development.